Australian Tropical Rainforest Plant, Saurauia andreana
~ common name Andre's Suarauia; Saurauia
Distribution and Ecology:
Occurs in NEQ Australia, restricted to the area between Cooktown and Cardwell. Altitudinal range from near sea level to 750 m. More common in lowland rain forest, often along watercourses. Also occurs in New Guinea.
Motifs such as this one are the focus for a series of artworks based on abstractions of seed forms, drawn from seed capsules of Rainforest fruits of Queensland reminiscent of motifs the artist became familiar with many years ago when looking into the symbolic languages of diverse ancient and indigenous cultures
Sophie is pleased to offer this PRINT on FINE QUALITY Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 308 Gsm ... a beautiful enduring Cotton Rag paper.
*CLICK TO VIEW 3 images:
Circular images will be printed on 21 cm sq paper ( with a 2cm border)
1. 'Suarauia' on 21cm sq paper. Work shown with a light-coloured timber frame with journal drawing in background.
2. Image of Seed capsule motifs from Cairns Journal. See small image bottom left corner of this species which inspired this Lino-print.
3. Print 18 cm sq ~ Please EMAIL if you wish to order a full sized Archival LIMITED EDITION print & get prices for various sizes.
4. Unframed work next to journal and artist's painted plate in background.
5. Original artwork which he print was taken from. Lino-printed & hand-finished.
NB: This work is offered as a signed print ~ of the same quality as LIMITED EDITION Prints. However, as an affordable work it won't be classed with the artist's 'Limited Edition' Series which come with a different price structure & are marked SOLD when all 25 out of the series of 25 are purchased.
SIZE: Image 18 x 18 cm
Paper 21 x 21 cm (includes border around image!
POSTAGE & HANDLING:
+ Flat rates are set for the following destinations.
1. AUSTRALIA $5
2. NEW ZEALAND $8
3. REST OF THE WORLD $20
NB: A SAVING on SHIPPING if purchasing more than one print in this series ... up to 4 items from this print series will be shipped for the P & P price of one!
Please organise LOCAL-PICKUP via email to subtract shipping costs AND if you have ANY questions email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this before you process payment. THANKYOU!
1. Local purchasers can pick-up direct from SeedArtLab Studio in
Brisbane or organise delivery separately. Ph: 0430 599 344.
2. From the date of payment allow a week for the Print to be processed PLUS one to two weeks for postal delivery... subject to where you are located.
3. A white border is included on all prints on paper.
4. Unframed work on paper is an excellent option for collectors of
Limited Edition Fine Art prints interested in creating a simple home
gallery of framed artworks
5. The packaging process for all prints comes recommended by an Industry specialist. On receiving the work you are advised to handle the print with care + leave in packaging until it is framed.
7. Check Terms & Conditions/Refund Policy for additional FAQ.
8. Do ASK if you require framing or hanging systems advice!
Both services are offered through the studio for the Brisbane region.
TO READ MORE ON THIS SPECIAL SERIES OF ARTWORKS:
On the ABOUT PAGE you can see links to Sophie's online sites where you will find more on her artwork and project Homage to the Seed.