Rainforest Patterning : Seed Capsules ... cross-sections.
ORIGINAL WORK: 90 cm sq, acrylic and ink on linen on canvas.
LIMITED EDITION SIZE: 80 cm square.
This Rainforest seed-capsule cross-section painting was based on a theme from the 2010 Brisbane Botanic Gardens Residency which the artist was keen to further explore.
A June, 2012 trip to Cairns in the Wet Tropics of Far North Queensland to check out details for a September 2012 Residency allowed the artist to collect pods to bring back and draw as well as connect with the place and people at Cairns Botanic Gardens & Tanks Art Centre, home of the residency, as well as visit the Australian Tropical Herbarium and Daintree World Heritage National Park.
Painted with Acrylic and ink on collaged linen on a canvas stretched frame, making a feature of the collaged linen's torn edges, raw selvedges, etc was in a sense evocative of the earthy rainforest environment in which these Rainforest plants with their captivating colourful fruits and seed capsules are found.
LIMITED EDITION PRINT ON FINE QUALITY WATERCOLOUR PAPER
*CLICK TO VIEW ALL 5 IMAGES:
1. Image of the 80cm x 80cm cm print which will have a 2 cm border.
2. Section of artwork.
3. Lower resolution image of artwork.
4. & 5. Artist's journal documentation on rainforest seed capsules.
Original artwork is from a series of three large painted works painted works on linen, 2 m x 1 m, which you can read about at the artists website. Here the work is offered as a titled, signed and numbered print ~ in a Limited Edition of 1 out of 25 prints ONLY!
Currently on offer is an archival quality LIMITED EDITION print on ARCHIVAL QUALITY watercolour paper
SIZE: 80cm x 80cm
Print on Paper: $330 AUD
Print on Canvas with wooden Stretcher Frame: $660
(*ASK for additional shipping cost if your choose Canvas!)
POSTAGE AND HANDLING:
Flat rates are set for the following destinations;
2. NEW ZEALAND
3. REST OF THE WORLD
Please organise LOCAL-PICKUP via email to subtract shipping costs! If you have ANY questions
you require INSURANCE please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this before you process payment. THANKYOU!
1. Local purchasers can pick-up direct from SeedArtLab Studio in
Brisbane or organise delivery separately. Ph: 0430 599 344.
2. From the date of payment allow 7-10 days for the Print to be carried
out then one to two weeks for postal delivery... subject to where you
3. A white 2 cm border is included on all prints on paper.
4. Unframed work on paper is an excellent option for collectors of
Limited Edition Fine Art prints interested in creating a simple home
gallery of framed artworks
5. The packaging process for the signed limited edition prints comes
recommended by an Industry specialist. On receiving the work you are
advised to handle the print with care + leave in packaging until it is
7. Check Terms & Conditions/Refund Policy for additional FAQ.
8. Do ASK if you require framing or hanging systems advice!
Both services are offered through the studio for the Brisbane region.
TO READ MORE ON THIS ARTWORK:
* Link to WEBSITE ~ http://sophiemunns.weebly.com
- See more at: http://sophiemunnsstudio.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/a-week-till-open-studio-weekend.html